By Jane W. Chan
The optic nerve and the mind contain the most anatomic elements of neuro-ophthalmology. even if there are various handbooks and significant texts describing all of the universal issues of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE issues presents a realistic reference booklet focusing in basic terms on universal optic nerve disorders.
This e-book is prepared through optic nerve diagnoses normally encountered in a neuro-ophthalmologic perform. it's written in a transparent, concise sort for fast, effortless reference within the health facility. The association of every bankruptcy includes:
- analysis via scientific symptoms and via electrophysiologic, ocular and neuroimaging techniques;
- administration by means of traditional remedies ; experimental/newer drugs lower than consideration;
Updated info on diagnostic ideas, together with OCT and mfVEP, and genetic checking out for hereditary optic neuropathies are mentioned. New info from scientific stories, similar to beta-interferons for optic neuritis, are awarded for the administration of every sickness. prognosis of neuro-ophthalmologic problems with more moderen neuroimaging thoughts, resembling puppy, SPECT, and diffusion-weighted imaging are absolutely defined. New information from medical stories (beta-interferons for optic neuritis, for example) might be offered for the administration of every disorder.
Read Online or Download Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management PDF
Best ophthalmology books
A whole replace of a vintage reference by means of experts on the Mayo hospital, Henderson's Orbital Tumors, Fourth variation collates the Clinic's fifty years' event in handling tumors related to the orbit. Drawing on case reviews and large follow-up facts from over 1,700 sufferers handled on the health facility, the authors formulate entire guidance on prognosis and scientific and surgical operation of the total spectrum of orbital tumors.
In fresh a long time, the analysis of congenital glaucoma has thoroughly replaced. these days surgical effects are excellent and allow little ones with pediatric glaucoma to combine fullyyt into society as adults. in accordance with the author’s cumulative event of greater than 50 years and 860 sufferers operated on for congenital glaucoma, this well-structured and lavishly illustrated textbook-atlas covers all elements of congenital and childish glaucoma.
This publication presents an updated evaluation of the scientific functions, equipment, and applied sciences of teleophthalmology in the box of preventive drugs. the facility of novel tips on how to observe the preliminary symptoms of neurodegenerative ailments at the foundation of changes within the retina is reviewed, and precise cognizance is paid to the function of teleophthalmology in screening for vision-threatening illnesses similar to diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration.
Written by means of recognized leaders in ophthalmic ultrasonography, this quantity is an entire consultant to using ultrasound as a prime diagnostic instrument in ophthalmology. This completely revised moment version displays the newest advancements in 3-dimensional ultrasound and different complicated applied sciences and the increasing scientific position of ultrasound, together with its use in refractive surgical procedure, post-LASIK evaluate, and neuro-ophthalmology.
- Seeing (Handbook of Perception and Cognition)
- Putterman's Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery, 4th Edition
- Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy
- Perceiving Geometry: Geometrical Illusions Explained by Natural Scene Statistics
- Signal Transduction in the Retina
- Current Concepts in Uveal Melanoma (Developments in Ophthalmology)
Additional resources for Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management
Nakashima I, Fujihara K, Fujimori J, Narikawa K, Misu T, Itoyama Y. Absence of IgG1 29 228. 229. 230. 231. 232. 233. 234. 235. 236. 237. 238. 239. 240. response in the cerebrospinal ﬂuid of relapsing neuromyelitis optica. Neurology 2004;62(1): 144–6. Milano E, Di Sapio A, Malucchi S, et al. Neuromyelitis optica: importance of cerebrospinal ﬂuid examination during relapse. Neurol Sci 2003;24(3):130–3. Lennon VA, Kryzer TJ, Pittock SJ, Verkman AS, Hinson SR. IgG marker of optic-spinal multiple sclerosis binds to the aquaporin-4 water channel.
187. Morrissey SP, Bormat FX, Miller DH, Moseley IF, Sweeney MG, Govan GG. Bilateral simultaneous optic neuropathy in adults: clinical, 28 188. 189. 190. 191. 192. 193. 194. 195. 196. 197. 198. 199. 200. 201. 202. W. Chan imaging, serological, and genetic studies. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1995;58:70–4. Hutchinson WM. Acute optic neuritis and the prognosis for multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1976;39:283–9. Keast-Butler J, Taylor D. Optic neuropathies in children. Trans Ophthalmol Soc U K 1980; 100(pt 1):111–8.
177. Smith JL, Hoyt WF, Susac JO. Ocular fundus in acute Leber optic neuropathy. Arch Ophthalmol 1973;90:349–54. 178. Nelson D, Jeffreys WH, McDowell F. Effect of induced hyperthermia on some neurological diseases. Arch Neurol Psychiatry 1958;79: 31–9. 179. Persson HE, Sachs E. Visual evoked potentials elicited by pattern reversal during provoked visual impairment in multiple sclerosis. Brain 1981;104:369–82. 180. Dunker S, Wiegand W. Prognostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in monosymptomatic optic neuritis.