By Randal Root
A Tester's consultant to .NET Programming focuses completely on utilized programming thoughts for testers. you are going to write uncomplicated automatic exams, permitting you to check instruments and utilities. additionally, you will know about the $64000 innovations using glossy programming this day, like multitier purposes and object-oriented programming. extra companies are adopting .NET applied sciences, and this e-book will equip you to evaluate software program robustness and function. no matter if you are an skilled programmer who is unexpected with trying out strategies, or you are an skilled tester versed in VB .NET and C#, the integrated real-world counsel and instance code can assist you begin your tasks.
Read or Download A Tester's Guide to .NET Programming PDF
Similar .net books
When you're programming C# four. zero and want a bit support, this tightly targeted and sensible ebook tells you precisely what you must understand -- with out lengthy introductions or bloated examples. It's perfect as a succinct fast reference or as a advisor to get you swiftly on top of things should you already understand Java, C++, or an previous model of C#.
Written by way of the authors of the acclaimed C# four. zero in a Nutshell (O’Reilly), this ebook covers the whole C# four. zero language -- with no skimping at the info -- together with:
<UL> * positive factors new to C# four. zero, resembling dynamic binding, non-compulsory and named parameters, and kind parameter variance
* All of C#'s basics
* complex subject matters, together with operator overloading, customized conversions, kind constraints, covariance and contravariance, lambda expressions and closures, iterators, nullable kinds, and operator lifting
* LINQ, beginning with sequences, lazy execution, and conventional question operators; completing with an entire connection with question expressions
* hazardous code and tips, customized attributes, preprocessor directives, and XML documentation
Regularly, instruments for functionality tuning, trying out functions, and debugging code were pricey, challenging to profit, and tough to exploit. whereas earlier models of Microsoft visible StudioR have integrated debuggers and different code-improvement instruments, visible Studio 2005 offers builders with powerful and helpful instruments and procedures to aid ascertain most excellent code.
Be suggested that during this ebook, the writer is in a rush to get to complicated techniques. purely the 1st 3 chapters will be referred to as easy. After that, it fast climbs to complex fabric sooner than (in my opinion) sufficiently overlaying simple and intermediate fabric. by way of bankruptcy 14, the topic is, "Advanced kept technique Programming".
Starting Microsoft notice 2010 is a visually stimulating introductory consultant that teaches the total observe beginner (as good as a little bit skilled but both baffled clients) what they should understand to put in writing that thesis or concept this night. From absolutely the fundamentals like fitting the software program and developing files to extra complicated gains like including photographs and dealing with subject matters, this publication is your one-stop resource for utilizing be aware 2010 successfully.
- ASP.NET 2.0 Illustrated
- Visual Basic .NET - Справочник программиста
- Graphics Programming with GDI+
- ASP.NET 2.0 Illustrated
- ASP.NET Data Web Controls Kick Start
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010: A Beginner's Guide (A Beginners Guide)
Extra info for A Tester's Guide to .NET Programming
2. From the main menu, select File ➤ New Project. The New Project dialog box displays. Click the Console application option. NET TESTING CHOICES 3. Click the OK button. NET). Notice that there is no toolbox window displayed. You still have the Solution Explorer and Properties windows displayed. Note, also, that there is no Forms Designer window displayed either. , form) to display to the user. You are taken straight to the code window. Figure 2-9. NET For C#, the Console application IDE looks similar except the code is different, of course.
Save your application and compare it, if desired, to the code we have in the Download Files for this chapter. You’re still not quite done though. Now you will need to see your Console application the way the end user of this application will see it. 10. Open a command prompt by selecting the Windows Start ➤ Run menu item. Type cmd in the Open box (see Figure 2-12). Figure 2-12. Creating a command prompt from the Windows Start ➤ Run menu item A command window similar to Figure 2-13 will appear. 11.
You may find yourself spinning your wheels if you start too soon, using up precious budget. Automated testing works best for products that are relatively stable in structure and components. • Do you plan to test the UI? Is your product GUI–based? Some automated testing tools are geared specifically for the GUI. If your project is to test the application’s GUI, then certain automated testing tools, commercial or open source, may be a better choice than others. NET languages can be used for GUI testing to a certain extent, but they require a significant amount of coding to do so.