By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, method, and decode space-based navigation indications, corresponding to these supplied through the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding want for a unified open platform that may let superior receiver improvement and layout, in addition to within your means checking out approaches for varied purposes. This ebook offer hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this quickly becoming field.
One of the original gains of the paintings is the interactive procedure used, giving readers the facility to build their very own international Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build this kind of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors talk about receiver structure in line with software-defined radio (SDR) options. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, uncomplicated variety and is going from the fundamentals to state of the art research.
Additional positive factors and issues include:
* Presentation of uncomplicated sign buildings utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of alternative equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency house seek; and parallel-code section search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation facts decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver applied utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter numerous parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to checking out the cloth coated within the booklet: supplementary front-end equipment—which should be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX method to generate real-world info via changing analog indications to electronic signals
* Supplementary direction fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of modern effects and complete index
The ebook is geared toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in a variety of GPS expertise and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for a person operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read Online or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Best geology books
This revised and improved version of Oregon Fossils features a list of all identified fossils in Oregon going again four hundred million years, in addition to accumulating localities by means of county, age, rock formation, and released resource. The ebook additionally offers a geologic evaluate of the country, from ocean seashores to the excessive wasteland, from the Blue Mountains to the Siskiyous.
Management of Biological Nitrogen Fixation for the Development of More Productive and Sustainable Agricultural Systems: Extended versions of papers presented at the Symposium on Biological Nitrogen Fixation for Sustainable Agriculture at the 15th Congress
Desk 1. international allocation of arable land among diversified com modities Globally, cereal cropping dominates cultivated land Commodities' percentage of land sector use (around 50% of overall zone, desk 1). The stay (%) ing arable land is used for construction of oilseed, fibre, or nutrients and funds vegetation.
- Rapid penetration into granular media : visualizing the fundamental physics of rapid earth penetration
- Tom Swift and His Atomic Earth Blaster (The fifth book in the Tom Swift Jr series)
- The Sedimentary Record of Sea-Level Change
- A Streetcar to Subduction and Other Plate Tectonic Trips by Public Transport in San Francisco
- The Geology of Continental Margins
Extra resources for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
Additionally, each satellite transmits almanac data for all GPS satellites while it only transmits ephemeris data for itself. , UTC parameters, health indicators, and ionospheric parameters. For a more in-depth description of the contents of the navigation data, see SPS (1995). 3 Galileo Signal The Galileo system offers several services, a few are free of charge and the rest are commercial. In this book we deal only with the L1 OS signal (OS for open service). The L1 OS signal alone is expected to guarantee a horizontal accuracy better than 15 m, a vertical accuracy better than 35 m, a velocity accuracy better than 50 cm/s, and a timing accuracy better than 100 ns.
This ﬁgure is not to scale but is only used for illustrative purpose. 4. 023 MHz chipping rate (1 ms period time), 50 Hz data rate (20 code periods per data bit), ∼ 90% of signal power within ∼ 2 MHz bandwidth. 3 C/A Code In this section, the spreading sequences used in GPS are described. We restrict ourselves to the C/A code sequences, as we deal only with L1 signals in this book. The spreading sequences used as C/A codes in GPS belong to a unique family of sequences. They are often referred to as Gold codes, as Robert Gold described them in 1967; see Gold (1967).
2 shows the three parts forming the signal on the L1 frequency. The C/A code repeats itself every ms, and one navigation bit lasts 20 ms. Hence for each navigation bit, the signal contains 20 complete C/A codes. 3 shows the Gold code C, the navigation data D, the modulo-2 added signal C ⊕ D, and the carrier. The ﬁnal signal is created by binary phase-shift keying (BPSK) where the carrier is instantaneously phase shifted by 180◦ at the time of a chip change. When a navigation data bit transition occurs (about one third from the right edge), the phase of the resulting signal is also phase-shifted 180◦.